I worry. I am worried as a mom about a lot of thing these days.
I worry about the fly hitting the window. I worry about my car breaking down while I’m in my pajamas dropping the kids off at school. I worry if a baby wipe cleaned the bathroom. I worry if anyone can smell the item in our family car that we can’t find. I worry about the state of the world or if elephants will be around when my grandchildren are born.
I would rather be consumed by a bubble bath than worries.
Other things I worry about:
• The jar in the fridge that has been there since 1997. We aren’t sure what it is but just in case we need it, we leave it there.
• What the repairman will find when he moves the washer out from the wall where it has been parked for the last 5 years?
• The stuff my neighbors might hear in the summer while our windows are wide open.
• If anyone will notice I hemmed my pants with tape.
• How many dust mites I kill with my vacuum’s HEPA filter?
• What my dog is thinking while watching me get dressed every morning?
• I worry about what happens to the pumpkins not chosen for Halloween.
Things I don’t worry about.
• Hugging my kids or kissing my husband too much.
• Talking to my dog like he is a person.
• Calling my mother a few times a week.
• Watching too many cartoons on a Saturday morning.
• Taking too much time listening to my kids.
• Wasting time looking for a four leaf clover.
• The appointment I canceled to help out a friend instead.
• Being late every so often.
• The walk with my toddler that took so long because he looked at every leaf along the way.
If you still worry, lather up in a bubble bath, rinse, repeat as necessary.