An old saying goes, ‘Mothers have eyes in the back of their heads’. True, we do and they get bigger and sharper as the years go on. But what only a mother sees is something very different…
- A mom walks into a video arcade and sees millions of germs; the kids see lights and prizes.
- She sees the duct tape missing and knows to take roll call of the kids.
- Witnessing siblings fighting makes her wonder if they will ever be friends.
- She envisions mistakes before they happen and remains quiet while they are solved.
- Sees her daughter playing alone at recess and feels lonely.
- Sees a flat tire and envisions missed swimming lessons, phone calls to the teacher, the repair shop, plus 4 hours in the tire store.
- She sees 4 cookies left for the family of 5 and says, “I’m not that hungry now.”
- Looks at her watch and sees the hands moving too fast.
- Views her teenage daughter and sees glimpses of her own mistakes.
- She looks at her child asleep in their bed at the end of the day and hopes she did ok as a parent.
Now, if someone could just give mothers a pair of glasses that would block out the visions of dishes, dust, dinner and dog hair.