Mothers have a lot going on. Some days it’s a struggle just to get your hair to lay flat on our head. That’s where baseball hats come in. We admit we’re busy and our hair could grease a wheel sometimes. However, there are things we just don’t talk about on the sidelines of a soccer game. We have secret mom behaviors…look familiar to you?
- You “borrow” money from your child’s piggy bank to pay the sitter.
- Setting the clocks ahead 15 minutes to make bedtime earlier.
- Playing your son’s video game for three hours while he is at school.
- You wait quietly until your teenager goes to sleep to read all their text messages.
- They certainly won’t miss several pieces of their Halloween candy will they?
- After dropping them off at school you go home and take a nap.
- You rock out to songs on their IPods and will never admit to liking Lady Gaga.
- Sometimes, just for a little while, you surf the internet reading celebrity gossip sites or watching a reality TV show you taped.
- Anything green they eat for dinner you count as a vegetable.
- You pretend you are asleep when it’s your turn to get up in the middle of the night for a crying baby.
We all have secret mom behaviors we do to survive this thing called Motherhood. What are yours?