Every night when my head hits the pillow I wonder if I did it all correctly that day. There are no measurements or boxes to check off to reassure today’s moms of their mom skills. So, I thought of these ten to help me out when I am feeling unsure about things, which is just about every day.
You know you are doing motherhood correctly when:
- Your purse becomes a pantry for snacks.
- Yoga pants become a wardrobe staple.
- You don’t notice the dust around the house as much.
- You look forward to the kid’s meal placemats at restaurants and have increased your word find skills considerably.
- You’ve begun to see your car as the second home you’ve always wanted.
- A good night sleep means all kids are safe in their beds sleeping.
- Your calendar becomes a living breathing thing that changes and grows as each year passes.
- Pancakes and pizza become their own food group.
- You can carry on a conversation with another mom in 30 second intervals between dealing with your kids and not miss a bit of information.
- You accept that the only thing you can do correctly all the time is to love your kids with all your heart, just as they are.
I feel better now, do you?